Sunday 22 February 2009

Travelling, without moving an inch !!

"Mind as free as Oceans, Limits limitless as Sky, Dreams as wild as blah blah"

This is not any inspirational SMS I got, not a quote by anybody, and not even a dialogue in any of the flicks .. well, this was something with which my day started (the day of another weekend!!) .. Actually, I read this particular thingie on one of the Woodland's Carry bag lying just next to the 6"*3" piece of furniture, so called my bed.
It was a tightly scheduled day .. so had to go accordingly and yeah with every drop of my blood going for the punctuality nuances. Started the day with a slow but a good reto kinda story, a movie that meant everything for the parents and not that much, for kids. A story, where somebody has to adjust for the khushi of the other. The Namesake, a simple but a beautiful story told, with the storyline being picked from the book The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri. A story where how a kid named Gogol, transforms to Nick (Nikhil!!) and how the Gangulis, did a bit of everything to savour their piece of happiness in the old traditional ways.

The next in the line of so called busy schedule was The Landmark Quiz, ahaaa .. Quiz make me feel somewhat happy, even the whole world is crying out in the tough times of recession, I'll feel bad if I wont do a cut-copy-paste of a quote which includes the Big heavy names like Harry S. Truman, Ronald Reagen and the India Connection President Jimmy Carter .. “A recession is when your neighbor loses his job; a depression is when you lose yours.” and soon Reagen added (no pun intended, not left though :) And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.” Losing the plot, coming back to main point, I was talking about The Landmark Quiz, a 17KM to-and-fro journey makes a Quizzer like me atleast feel hapy abouth the point, that, I make efforts (a good one, to sataite yourself, when you know you have not even cleared prelime). One of the biggest quiz in which I participated with over 264 Quality teams and 1 Non-Quality Compliance team (no points for guessing whose :P, the Quiz was simply a landmark in the history of Indian Quizzing. With people coming all over from Chennai, every corner of Maharashtra, Hyderabad and Goa, being the AUDIENCE was also a bliss. With Questions, ranging from every nook and book .. I think not even a single thing under the sun was spared.

Obligatory Question .. What are "stunt" Grammys ?
(I bet even Danny Boyle, is going to say "Jai Ho" for this .. )

Dates and Days, are of utmost importance for people of any genre, similarly, the Sunday, 22nd February'2009 was waited like anything, by the people who were associated with any kind of "X-Wood" as it was a day when the best-of-the-pack are going to win laurels for their countries .. The red Carpet was rolled down, dashing suits and boots, beautiful attires, a splendid night was here right infront of you, live @ Kodak Theatre, Los Anegeles .. and to unveil The Oscars (need to say more ??)

Our own entry (I'm happy about Rehman, Anil, Gulzar saab, Irfan, Azharuddin, Dev and Rubina and Pinki too !! .. Others also, If missed) but not happy for Slumdog Millionaire in real. And, why should I?
There's nothing to cheer about, apart from the good thing, that this movie had actors from India .. It hurts when some foreigner portrays our Poverty and our slums in a way, which are definitely liked by the firangis, not going against them though. But, its not a good way to portray a country like India.

Anyways, hats off to the Award winners, and my personal wishes to late Heath, who had done an extremely fantastic role, being a joker in The Dark Knight.

O well, I watched the latest flick Delhi-6, by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. I dont know, what to say?
But, is RGV ki Aag better than this? (somebody told me !)

Another weekend came to end, and, again I thought I travelled a lot, but not even moved an inch.

Till then, Have fun !!

:Gaurav

No comments: